Privacy and Data Protection
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and adhering to all relevant Data Protection Legislation.
At Manor Farm Community Association, your trust is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your personal data
There are some changes in data protection law that come into play on 25th May 2018.
Manor Farm Community Association
Data Protection and YOU!
In this statement, ‘Data Protection Legislation’ means all applicable legislation which relates to the protection of individuals with regards processing personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us by you visiting our website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Why we collect information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we have to process your personal information in order to fulfil the contractual obligations we have with our benefactors or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
• Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) in cases where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by joining a course, workshop, and activity or benefiting from one of our many services such as early years childcare; or by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text, letter or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you register to use any of our facilities or subscribe to our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, medical information and photograph.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website or social media site, we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information as shown below (and as shown in the section on Information we collect about you, below):
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services you have asked to receive through your communication preferences, you can update your communication preferences here;
• to respond to any of your comments and queries;
• to ensure that the content from our Website is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to keep and maintain the MFCA organisational records and databases;
• to notify you about changes to any of our services;
• to supply to partner organisations as outlined under ‘Disclosure of your information’ below.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information, as noted in the section on Information you give to us, above, and also:
• to administer our Website, our membership data and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
As a data subject, you may notify us of which communications you would like to receive and how you would like to receive them.
In accordance with your communication preferences (where applicable) we will communicate with you by telephone, letter, texts, emails or other reasonable means with updates and information about activities and services or an enquiry from you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
• Service providers to MFCA for the purposes of fulfilling your requests, processing your payment details and providing support services e.g. Providing an address to a mailing house for delivery of our annual prospectus or requested mailshots;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our members). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.